What did you do to your bike today?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse What did you do to your bike today?

This topic contains 348 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 94f2-08rr 94f2-08rr 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 349 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr man i was looking at your pics of the riley miracle ride thinking to myself “hey i was there” then i noticed…

You have a pic of my bike And one of my helmet lol

The blue cbr with the reflective windscreen is mine lol.

I filmed that whole ride.. Checkout the video if youd like.

Youtube.com/BorderLineAlaska

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@borderline4alaska – I actually think I remember seeing you there. You may have been parked not far from my initial spot in the staging area… seems as if there was a yellow bike beside you. I watched the edited version not long ago. Again, as oddly as it seems, I remember seeing you ride by as I was coming to Riley, because I noticed the camera… I was on the motorcycle. Lol.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@borderline4laska, that’s funny because I was seeing his pictures and then I was seeing yours on your profile and I’m like, hey, I saw that bike at the event ride photos. Yours has the Iridium Windshield right?

What’s also funny is that I was googling images of CBRs with the Iridium Windshield and also saw yours on Google Images ha.

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr Yeah I remember seeing another cbr. I noticed all the sport bikes because of the 4000 bikes there.. sport bikes arent real common lol. It always seems to be a lot of harley people but thats ok cause I was there with a group of guys.. who were all on harleys, Lol. I love that event. Riley really is an amazing hospital.

Maybe next yea we can meet up. Id like to film it again with more than one camera.

@emcue I tried to find the google image but couldnt. When I first got that windscreen I thought it would be more blue, and was somewhat disappointed it wasn’t, but it has grown on me and I love it now! It gets a lot of compliments and it seems the girls like it cause its shiny, Lol

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@borderline4laska, I don’t remember what term I googled exactly but yea, I recall your baby. I got one for my bike but I don’t think I like it. Speaking of… I attempted furiously and unsuccessfully to install the windshield myself today… What a pain in the arse! Also installed the flush mount turn signals. However, I do believe I need the Load Resistor because it blew a fuse. Had to replace the fuse. And I got them cheap on eBay, and the LED lights were very dim compared to the OEM turn signals. So I decided to leave em the way they were.

After I took it half way apart, had to put it back together with no changes made lol. Fun Fun.
    It was quite the learning experience tho.

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ya man the screen on the cbr can be a mf depending on the year/model… I struggled too. Idk what it is with honda and making the fairings and other parts impossible to access. No offense here but i think the japs are like “well we got small hands so it works for us” Lol. And yeah you gotta have a resistor for those man. I had my bike apart yesterday and had to mess with the wiring cause my left blinker quick working.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@borderline4laska, for real! Well I got small hands too but still lol. I couldn’t figure out how to dismantle it to the get the windshield off. The whole lighting has to come off and I couldn’t figure out how to do it. How frustrating. And then after I put everything back…I ended up with 2 screws that I couldn’t see where they went lol! :grin:

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@emcue yeah that happens to me almost everytime I work on my shit I have extra bolts laying around that I dont know where they go. It makes me nervous sometimes wondering if they were important, Lol. You shouldnt have to take all the lighting off for the screen though, I struggled with mine but i did it without taking anything else off.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@borderline4laska, haha I wondered the same. Maybe one day I’ll be riding and something’s gonna fly off ha. SMH.

I googled how to do it on my CBR250R and it said I had to take the nose off, I take it the nose is the lighting?

borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@emcue oh its a 250r yeah Im not real familiar with those but I would guess if the nose comes off the headlight will have to also. Some of these bikes, like the f4i, the nose piece and headlight stay together. so when removing the nose you have to unplug the light and remove it with it. Good luck man, these things can be a PITA I know. Its better than paying somebody else to fuck it up though thats my opinion, Lol

And Im with you on the pars flying off Lol, whenever I work on my bike, afterwords I take it easy incase I fucked something up I dont have to pay too high of a price lol. I changed fairings on a bike once and forgot to finish bolting on the mirrors, and found out the hard way after the first ride I took Lol

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@borderline4laska, yea when I searched how to do it, it pretty much said to take off the lighting and everything. I took everything off except the headlight. I got to that part and then was lost lol. I didn’t have enough time to figure it out so I just put everything back together so eff it. Lol. I’ll try again another day. I think Ima just sell the Iridium windshield and get a black one. Don’t think it goes with my moto.

I had the slip on exhaust installed today. Yesss and it sounds sweet!!!!

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@94f2-08rr, bruh! I got the slip on installed today.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

<cite>@Emcue said:</cite>
    @94f2-08rr, bruh! I got the slip on installed today.

Nice! And congratulations. How difficult was the job?

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

<cite>@94F2-08RR said:</cite>
    Nice! And congratulations. How difficult was the job?

I didn’t do it myself….lol..I had the dealer install it. It sounds so sexy now!

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well, it wasn’t today, but yesterday I woke up at 4a.m. to ride almost two hours so that I could capture the sunrise over a field of sunflowers. It was a brisk ride to say the least. A temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit, or a little less since I was in the outlying areas.

Although I didn’t get exactly what I wanted, I am happy with some of them:

And, for once, I made an attempt to step out of my comfort zone. Typically, I only stop at places that I know to eat. I was in an unfamiliar place and decided to try a “Mom and Pop” place… I was looking forward to homemade pancakes, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy. Well, the nearest town is small and the places were not open yet. So, I started on my way home and stopped at a chain restaurant.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@94f2-08rr, beautiful!!

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Raced it!! :mrgreen:

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

<cite>@JNSRacing said:</cite>
    Raced it!! :mrgreen:

Congratulations!

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I love the DZUS fasteners I installed a couple of weeks back, they make it so much easier to take the plastics off.

Oil filter is now cleaned, just have to wait for it to dry now.

Tomorrow will be an oil change then I’ll mount the new tires. Once that is finished I will give it a good look over to get it ready to take to the track Monday and Tuesday.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ordered a new spare key. When I bought her she only had 1 and I always meant to get an extra. This past weekend I had a scare and thought I dropped it at bike night. Luckily I just left it in the bike.

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Went out this morning had a flat on the rear tire :DAMN: pumped it up took it to the local shop, had them repair the tire had 2 nails in it. Had them check the rear bearings they were going bad, also had them install the sideways valve stems so much easier to add air especially in the front. Yes I know need to clean the bike

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@lowcel said:
    Congratulations!

Thanks Bruce!

@lowcel said:
    I love the DZUS fasteners I installed a couple of weeks back, they make it so much easier to take the plastics off…

Word! Dzus fasteners are invaluable on a track/race bike!

By the way, good luck on your next track excursion, and I’m actually a little jealous, as no tracks anywhere NEAR me have track day options during the week… weekend only. :cry:

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Congrats @jnsracing

Today I took a short ride for a picture game challenge and ordered a Core Moto SS rear brake line. Hopefully when it comes in I can get the CRF mod to work out.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Congrats @jnsracing. How many more races will you have?

I rode my bike to the gym this afternoon, but that isn’t what I want to share. Last weekend on my sunrise picture hunting, I hit a milestone on the bike. I bought the bike in December of 2012 with ~4,800mi. On August 16, 2014, I hit 20,000mi.! I don’t get to ride as often as I would like, or for as long as I would prefer, so I am pretty excited and proud. And pay no mind to the time. I haven’t reset the clock from two months ago when my battery was dead. Mileage is now at ~20,200mi.

</a

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr congrats on the milestone. I just hit 20k on mine this year. She had 4475 on her when I picked her up. Unfortunately it’s actually 8 due to an engine swap.

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv said:
    Congrats @jnsracing

Today I took a short ride for a picture game challenge and ordered a Core Moto SS rear brake line. Hopefully when it comes in I can get the CRF mod to work out.

Thanks man… and what is this CRF mod of which you speak?

@94F2-08RR said:
    Congrats @jnsracing. How many more races will you have?

Two races at HPT, in two weeks time, and two more races in October, in Kentucky.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@jnsracing it’s a rear res delete. The CRF rear master cylinder has one built in. So you can get rid of that ridiculous box and line factory setup. I had it on before but couldn’t get it to bleed.

Looks like this. Mine will look a little different though

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv said:
    @jnsracing it’s a rear res delete. The CRF rear master cylinder has one built in. So you can get rid of that ridiculous box and line factory setup. I had it on before but couldn’t get it to bleed.

Gotcha… have you thought about just doing the Tygon tube method, which is a common race mod? It’s quick and easy, and cheaper too… here it is on my bike:

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@jnsracing yeah I have thought about it. The CRF just looks stock to me. Plus I already have the master cylinder. I got it for like $15 on ebay and it came with a neat cooler on it.

I cleaned it up and painted the MC black since these pics where taken. Kinda neat that the cooler just happened to be orange. I looked it up after I got it and turns out it’s a $150 part. WIN for me.

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just had fun! Thanks to @cbr-f2 for hooking me up with the communication headset. I ride with music, GPS and able to answer phone calls now! I love it and with be able to chat with Derek while in rides now! Thanks bro! You da man!

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 349 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.