What did you do to your bike today?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse What did you do to your bike today?

This topic contains 349 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikewalls mikewalls 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv said:…I already have the master cylinder. I got it for like $15 on ebay… I looked it up after I got it and turns out it’s a $150 part. WIN for me.

No doubt! That’s a nice score!

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just got this in the mail. Core Moto SS rear brake line. The orange matches my bike perfect. Can’t wait to get it installed and attempt the CRF mod again…

@admin after I get it on and see how it preforms maybe a new sponsor?

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You’ll love those lines – I will likely use them for all bikes, here on out!

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Got these yesterday courtesy of the awesome @dubv for my bday.. thanks man now you will be able to know when im turning

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You need to post a picture of what you have now vs the new ones. They’ll understand my pain @yanahmean LOL

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally got the new Core Moto brake line on. Unfortunately I again could not get the CRF mc to bleed or build pressure. Ordering a rebuild kit for it.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean is that pic a before or after? Hard to tell where you mounted them. Also, is your tail not integrated?
    @dubv your bike is coming along nice! I like the orange accents. I am a Seattle fan and am playing with the idea of turning mine into a Seatown color scheme. Since Jason did his Bronco bike I always wanted to go hawks. That was before the Super Bowl btw. :drunk:

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@theredrocket that is the before.. I have not mounts the new ones yet..

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m now a Cycle Gear supported racer, so I branded the bike with Cycle Gear/Cycle Gear Racing logos.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally got my spare key cut today. Thanks to Maxlocks. My wife babysits the guy that owns it and he cut it for FREE!

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Today I washed my baby after another typhoon went through Manila, then on the way to get my tail light modded it of course rained on me. They took out the stock LED board and installed 3 – 5 watt red LED’s for the tail/brake lights then on each side 1 – 5 watt amber LED turn signals. It doesnt sound like a lot of wattage, but trust me these bad boys will temp blind a driver especially if your right in the line of the light.

All clean

she is gold again

I tried to get a pic from directly behind the bike fook me to brite so here is a shot where you can see the 3 LED’s in normal mode

A short video of the turn signals

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think the need for new tires will once again be upon me next year. I have been looking at the tread and all I can think of is, “There is so much left on the sides!”. So today, I took her for a spin, trying to devour some of my chicken.

I also took along my GoPro. After an hour of riding one of my favorite roads, I stopped to check the results. The camera had shut off at some point in time and never captured a single picture. The problem was all in my settings: a picture every 60sec, and the camera shuts off after a minute of idle. Previously, the setting was for a picture every 5sec while trying to capture a storm and lightning. I fixed the mishap by “simply” switching to recording video. An hour later, stupid thing was off :censored: :poundinghead: And, I still have a need for ketchup…

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Haha…. ketchup.

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Softened my dampening a bit today but went just a tad too far. Now I need to go back to hard just a smidge. Did a longer trip a few weeks back and killed my back and ass. My preload/sag are good so just playing with the dampening.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Over the past week or so , ive got a lot done to the 929.

Bought a new battery
    Installed my new Mirrors , they look trick.
    Chain adjustment and complete rewax. My gold looks bling
    Put in a rich mix of Seafoam in the gas , bike had a weird hesitation , its gone now.
    Gave her a good bath

Bike runs great and looks great, had a couple real nice rides since.
    Good maintenance reaps a good reward. I love my Honda!

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@bambam said:
    Over the past week or so , ive got a lot done to the 929.

Bought a new battery
    Installed my new Mirrors , they look trick…

Ummm, pictures of the new mirrors… heLLOOOOO?!? :mrgreen:

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@JNSRacing said:
    Ummm, pictures of the new mirrors… heLLOOOOO?!? :mrgreen:

Sorry J , forgot to post em here. Did a decent review on em tho (pic heavy).”EMGO replacement mirrors”

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That thing looks so sweet! :wow:

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

It wasn’t today, rather yesterday. I didn’t do a thing, not even look at her. Here, we had a chance to break a 134 year old record for a low temperature on November 18. Turns out we didn’t break it, but came within five degrees of the low… 10F in the morning instead of the record 5F. We also have 1-3″ of snow of the ground as well.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@94f2-08rr it’s been freaky lately. It’s been so damn cold. This winter is going to be late, but brutal..

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin – that is what I keep hearing, from more than one source. They say it won’t be as bad as last year’s, but it will be worse than our usual winter weather.

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Begged for her forgiveness! Went on vacation and returned to this. I was in such a rush to pack up and go, I forgot to cover her up. Shame on me! A brush and a ride to warm it up and all is normal again but I am sooooooo upset I left it out this way.
    Next time I will park it in the proper place.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@TheRedRocket said:
    Begged for her forgiveness! Went on vacation and returned to this. I was in such a rush to pack up and go, I forgot to cover her up. Shame on me! A brush and a ride to warm it up and all is normal again but I am sooooooo upset I left it out this way.
    Next time I will park it in the proper place.

@TheRedRocket – the ice on her headlight lenses are really frozen tears…

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@admin it is weird that I read through some of the last comments and caught our little conversation about the winter? I think it was spot on for both of us. You were hammered with snow, while I escaped with little snow but had lower temperatures than average… Spring is right around the corner! :gocrazy:

Anyway, I picked up these because I am borderline obsessive compulsive and it matters to me what brand of clothes hanger my gear rests on. I’ve been looking since November.

And, I think I have came to the decision to sell my F2. I loaded it up and took her into work, so that I could go through everything once more and ready. Oil change, replace air filter and brake pads; rear rotor may need replaced too. Can anyone tell me if bike rotors can be turned?

I thought the rims were catching the sunlight just right to show off their sparkle. Not sure if this just shows the dirt. On the plus side, I was able to tow a trailer with my new(er) truck… silver lining I guess.

Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@94f2-08rr your not the only one, I like for my gear to have the matching hanger as well. What are you going to have for a bike now?

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@smalls1000 that is good to know; that I am not the only one. Lol. Now I just have to get three more to fit the rest of my gear. Luckily, I have another bike; an 08RR. It is what I’ve been spending most of my time and money on since I purchased her back in Dec. 2011.

Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@94f2-08rr ok I’m kinda in that situation too I have a 2001 f4i and that thing was my world…. That was until I got a 08 1000rr so now it just sits collecting dust and sometimes I look at it feel bad kinda like I abandoned it. Maybe selling and letting someone else enjoy it would be the best idea.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@smalls1000 that is exactly the same thing. There was a period of time that things keep seeming to need replaced. It made rides less enjoyable, fearing I would be stranded on the side of the road. The last I rode, it was perfect. At the end of the 2012 riding year, I put the ’08 on stands and covered her up. As I walked away, I looked beside her to see the F2. I felt like I was going to tear up; because I was replacing her and forgetting all about her. The F2 is my first bike. It could be why it is so hard to sell. Or it could be that I bought it when I was with my ex, and now I am not. And the day I almost teared up, I was going through a lot of things that year that I was struggling with. I am pretty sure there are other psychological reasons as to why, but I won’t go into that nonsense.

It would be nice to let someone else experience the joy of riding. That would make it a little easier with the sell.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I tend to procrastinate on certain things. I am getting my bike ready to ride before the season starts. Yesterday I had a coolant flush. I would’ve completed this myself, but I wasn’t sure where to dispose of the coolant. After asking, now I know. It wasn’t a huge strain on the bank account either, total of $52. Today, I changed the oil and filter. After switching over to a full system, I found it more difficult to remove the filter. As a result, I had to remove the little bolt that held on the overflow tank. Once that was done, it was fairly easy.

I’ve had this box for about a month now. I ordered a part from Hotbodies to replace this.

At first, I was skeptical about the color and if it would match. I was told it is factory paint. When I compared the two, it is actually pretty close. The Hotbodies part doesn’t have much pearl/flake, but it will work. For what I paid though, I wish the finish and fit were spot on… is that too much to ask? The bolt holes are a “terraced taper”. It looks as if I’ll have to drill a little out from the holes and trim along the bottom to get the fit that I would like.

In the meantime, I put the factory tire hugger back on.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.