What did you do to your bike today?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse What did you do to your bike today?

This topic contains 349 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikewalls mikewalls 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@coltonharris13 link me to the other one so I can delete it. I’m on my phone today so it’s harder to navigate quickly.

Thanks buddy.

Profile photo of coltonharris13
    coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie
    Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@coltonharris13 Thanks buddy, deleted.

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I saw the other one but didnt want to call you out lol.. Anywho I replaced the POS of a rad that the previous owner left me with for a non dented/warped unit with a new fan.. So far so good.

coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Lol thanks for not calling me out.

Today so far I sprayed a few more coats on my undertail. That ugly shiny heat shield sticker that came with exhaust has been bothering the hell out of me. Also while the exhaust is off, i sanded it down and washed it to prep it for paint. Probably gonna let it sit and dry out for a day and hit it with some paint first thing tomorrow morning.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Post up some pics when you get that can painted. As for me I installed a K&N air filter. For the record, I did have the infamous fitment issue but it was easily overcome by enlarging the top bolt hole (on the filter) a few MM to help everything line up.

coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Right now I’m painting my stock exhaust black. Wanted to test the paint out on there first. Didn’t do a whole lot of prep work because I don’t care so much about it. But its turning out good. Gonna throw on and go for a ride. Try and get it nice and hot and see how the paint holds up. If everything goes well ill be painting the yoshi.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

a friend of mine painted the can on his yosh with some high temp grill paint. it held up well and after a few days when he decided he didnt like it he removed the paint with paint stripper and the original finish on the yosh was just as good as before he painted it. keep in mind he didn’t sand or prime his yosh, just painted it. it held up good. my advice is to allow it dry for a few hours before handeling. his pipe ended up having some spots from where the oil on his had transfered to the pipe because he didnt let the paint cure for long enough.

coltonharris13
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Finally painted my exhaust!

Check out my build thread for the pics!

http://ridecbr.com/topic/08-orange-rr-build/#post-11485

I let mine dry maybe an hour. I then wrapped it with towels to install so it didnt scrape anything. Put the clamp and took the towels off. Gonna let it sit for a day probably and completely cure.

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Local Love: All places must be unique to your area… no chain companies.

1. Sub shop
    2. Pizza shop
    3. Grocery store
    4. Gas station
    5. Convenience store
    6. Flower shop
    7. Water tower with town’s name
    8. Cellphone shop
    9. Volunteer FD
    10. City Police cruiser
    11. Restaurant
    12. Something found in your neck of the woods

Profile photo of cbrclassic
    cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Finally washed her !!!
    Been a bit wet on and off here, so I have been avoiding the big wash as a friggin waste of time !

looks squeaky clean now ! ….until tomorrow, when I yet again, trash her on the damp roads this time of year here :-(

Profile photo of captainslow
    captainslow
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

fuck all! i don’t have a bike :(

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

So pissed! let my friend practice on my baby (thought it was ok because he practiced on my friends 1000RR and was fine) and goes into 2nd gear while turning and so me and my friend stop him and tell him not to go into gear, brake or give gas while turning. so just as he starts pulling off he gasses it while going into a turn, and he doesn’t know how to lean into a turn of course so he runs into a curb and drops the bike! scratched my engine cover, mirror, plastics a bit and broke my plate holder, bar end, and turning signal.. SMH im so pissed! lucky he didn’t bend the rim!

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dude that sucks. Did you slap him with the repair bill and kick him in the nuts yet?

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@rome83 that sucks bro!!!!!!!!! he better have fun paying for it!! you have the worst luck with bikes!! lol

this is what I did to mine today.. ;)

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Profile photo of shawnsay
    shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I did not ride mine in the rain. So maybe tomorrow I’ll go check out the ROT rally. And Roman that is why no one but me will ever ride my bike.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I second that……Im the only one that will ride my bike. If it gets trashed, its my fault and Im the only one to blame…..

I tok a longer way to and from work to day so that I could do what your really suposed to do to a bike. I flogged the piss out of it!!!!

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I havn’t yet and was on the fence whether i should bother getting money for that or not. i mean he should cover the damages to get the bike in the same shape it was before (almost perfect). Idk a huge flaw in my personality is i can’t be mean to ppl. but I guess i need to put my foot down on this one.

And that was the last straw. No one is sitting on my bike unless the title is in their name!

@mactacular ya I know right? and later that same day cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for having my visor up on my helmet!

I was rofl with your bike bakuke pic hahaha… did you get the cover yet?

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

HOLY HELL!!!! you got a ticket for having your visor up?!?! what the hell?! and nope! havent gotten it yet! ill check the tracking number now!

cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

captainslow:
    fuck all! i don’t have a bike :(

No chit ??? what happened to her ??

MACtacular:
    HOLY HELL!!!! you got a ticket for having your visor up?!?! what the hell?! and nope! havent gotten it yet! ill check the tracking number now!

I am in shock !! …. a ticket for that ? where the fvck in the world do they pull that chit on riders ?

cbrclassic
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Roman:
    So pissed! let my friend practice on my baby (thought it was ok because he practiced on my friends 1000RR and was fine) and goes into 2nd gear while turning and so me and my friend stop him and tell him not to go into gear, brake or give gas while turning. so just as he starts pulling off he gasses it while going into a turn, and he doesn’t know how to lean into a turn of course so he runs into a curb and drops the bike! scratched my engine cover, mirror, plastics a bit and broke my plate holder, bar end, and turning signal.. SMH im so pissed! lucky he didn’t bend the rim!

My god !!
    you should employ my long!! time and stead fast rule of bloody thumb mate !!

I NEVER EVER EVER !!! let any fvcking one even touch , let alone ride my bikes !!! EVER !!

If anyone want’s to go for a ride or a play?? ….. om sure they know where to go fvcking buy there own dam bike to bend when ever they get the urge !

shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I put some quick connects on my front blinkers so when I have to remove my fairings I can just unsnap them. Changed my oil and filter. Changed my coolant. And plasti dipped my lower right fairing and when I get my lower left fairing tomorrow I’m gonna plasti dip that one too.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I fixed the butons on my gauge cluster. I can now set the time and reset my trip counter. Its pretty easy to do but it requires removal of the front cowl to remove. All in all it was time well spent.
    @shawnsay What do you think of that oil? Is it as good as it should be for the price? Also did you remember to burp the system after you changed to coolant?

shawnsay
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

@atx600rr yes that oil is awesome. Noticeable increase in power. And yes she is burped. Next is spark plugs and air filter.

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I still need to do my plugs but they are pricey at $60 a set. If I was smarter I would have done them when I had the rad off.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@atx600rr I have to do plugs myself. Best price I found…

SPARK PLUGS

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

@spdygak hopefully he still has some when I get around to doing mine.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I painted the tread on my new tires after giving it a good bath!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

0bda8e6e, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Profile photo of yellowcbrf4
    yellowcbrf4
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

New grips

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Installed new orange Shorties today. Shakira is really coming along nicely.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.