What did you do to your bike today?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse What did you do to your bike today?

This topic contains 349 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mikewalls mikewalls 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cbr-f2
    cbr-f2
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I rode to and from work… Got home and low & behold… No wife and kids= at soccer practise. So i took it upon myself and drained oil, coolant, changed oil filter and t-stat w/gskt and front sprocket…… After seein @spdygak make some progress. It motivated me to get this shit done… LOL!!!

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Flushed my cooling system and picked up new push rivets and some red windscreen bolts to add soon.

Profile photo of jnsracing
    jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@CBR-F2 said:
    I rode to and from work… Got home and low & behold… No wife and kids= at soccer practise. So i took it upon myself and drained oil, coolant, changed oil filter and t-stat w/gskt and front sprocket…… After seein @spdygak make some progress. It motivated me to get this shit done… LOL!!!

When the cat’s away… right Derek? :mrgreen:

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Took a trip solo this morning, too nice not to. Then got home and put on my new windscreen bolts. I am not too sure how much I like them now that they are on. Alittle pink next to the red. Also found my 99% sticker and used it to cover a scratch.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I got to wash my bike yesterday for the first time in months , it was so filthy , corn was starting to grow, i was fixing to plant some butter beans and some carrots. No joke , the pollen was caked on the wheels so bad it took three washes to get the wheels black again. didnt have a chance to ride , but certainly made the bike look respectable…

Profile photo of jules
    jules
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Oh, she just looks amazing and was well worth the clean … it look like a brand new bike and I bet you feel so much better too for doing it… :-)

Jules

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace...

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Took a little time and did some work to the bike today. I installed some new to me front rotors to hopefully take care of the pulsating. I also installed a Starlane gear indicator and a Moto-D lap timer.

Profile photo of 94f2-08rr
    94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well,… I rode safely. And after my day, who can blame me?

The part I find weird is within the last week or week and a half, I had a dream where I flipped a mower and watched as it rolled down the hill towards me.

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Glad you are on here and posting.

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@lowcel – thanks.

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Well I added some logos to the rear of the trailer.

Afterwards I was told that having the company logos is not a good idea since it can bring unwanted attention to what is inside. So, I removed the logos and put a new “logo” on the back. :)

94f2-08rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was up early to clean up the bike for a benefit ride (pic heavy)

Yes, that is the famed tower and Pagoda from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. We were able to ride one lap around the track; not the road course.

After IMS, the group went to Lucas Oil Raceway for lunch and a show.

And just some of the bikes there

At the end, we were told the group was 4,200 strong and raised $300,000 for Riley’s Children Hospital. The news reported 5,000 people. This ride is Indiana’s largest and longest running ride, having raised $4mil thus far over 21 years.

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Finally, this weekend, I started into the race bike, for crash repairs, and some improvements… see my build thread for details.

While I was breaking things down, I pulled the tire hugger from the race bike, put it on the street bike, and gave it a good washing.

(((http://ridecbr.com/forums/topic/my-f2-builds/))) (((https://www.facebook.com/JNSRacing72)))

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I installed a lap timer.

Installed a new magnetic, pre-drilled drain plug when I did an oil change. After the picture was taken I gave it a good cleaning including the oil pan.

After cleaning I took a look at my tires and noticed the rear tire was tearing.

So I mounted a new tire. I am waiting to hear back from Dunlop concerning replacing the tire under warranty.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I did some “mods” to my knee pucks.

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m jealous… I SO wish I could afford a lap timer right now!! :cry:

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

@JNSRacing said:
    I’m jealous… I SO wish I could afford a lap timer right now!! :cry:

I tried one of the cheap $50 ones first. It did not work with the transponder at the track. I was able to return it to Moto-D. Then I placed a wtb post on The WERA classified page and a member offered me this one for $250 shipped.

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

That’s a good score, as I believe that model goes for over $400 new… alas, even $250 is too much for me at this point. :-?

Profile photo of kpru
    kpru
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Threw my new gopro on and went for a quick ride. I can tell I’m going to have a lot of fun with this thing

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I made a few changes to mine yesterday.

Scraped up windscreen.

Broken fairing bracket.

New clip on bar.

Bent master cylinder bolt and re-installed crappy rearset. I would like to put my Vortex rearset back on, problem is Vortex no longer makes the brake lever.

Scraped up / cracked fairing.

Nice hole and cracks in the fairing.

Just a small crack.

Yep, a couple of more cracks.

jnsracing
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ouch… so you wrecked it! Did you make any modifications to yourself when this happened? :-?

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I highsided somewhere around 70-80 mph so yeah, I’m a bit sore. I went and had a bunch of x-rays today just to make sure nothing is broken. I was told to stay off of my feet and use crutches for a few days.

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I finished my paint job Sunday. Unfortunately it had some type of reaction and ended up looking like Barney’s ass.

So, after banging my head against the wall for a few hours I decided to go with a different color.

First thing was sanding it down. I then put a coat of primer on it and wet sanded again.

I then painted and cleared the fender and the lowers. They are going to be a solid color so I figured why not get them done an out of the way.

After I wet sanded the other fairings I sprayed gloss white where it is going to be. I am going to allow them to cure two or three days before taping them up and spraying the primary color (orange).

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

<span style=”color: red;”>Well after months of riding with the OEM radiator I decided to change it for a new one as my bike was always getting up to 125*C+ swapped out the rad, installed a toggle switch on the fan so I control when it comes on, adjusted, washed and oiled my chain, cut the wire going to my inoperable brake lights on my passenger pegs and just left the turn signal operable </span>

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Profile photo of lowcel
    lowcel
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I just finished spraying the second color and clear coating the fairings. Considering they were held together with zip ties last week I think they turned out pretty nice.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I had an adjustable kickstand installed on it, since I had it lowered. The dealership where I bought it from tried to cut the OEM kickstand and weld it back on and it was not successful. It would keep the bike up but it wouldn’t tilt the way it should. My baby actually fell because it wouldn’t hold it up properly. Now it has a scratch on the exhaust but I’m replacing that anyhow so all is good in the hood. No need to panic!

Profile photo of smalls1000
    smalls1000
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@lowcel said:
    Well I added some logos to the rear of the trailer.

Afterwards I was told that having the company logos is not a good idea since it can bring unwanted attention to what is inside. So, I removed the logos and put a new “logo” on the back. :)

I know this is old but thats just too funny lol :rotfl:

Profile photo of 01cbr600f4i
    01cbr600f4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Got the bike appraised today for tax purposes. RMV wanted another few hundred in registration taxes on top of what they already dinged me for.

Profile photo of emcue
    emcue
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Took it for a sweet ride!!!

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Since a rare thunderstorm came through southern California over the weekend I was forced to drive the car today. So I packed up my spare wheel set and brought them with me to mount some new tires on them. Later this week she will get her new shoes and a good cleaning and some chain lube.

Canyon commuting can really mess a bike up!

theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Found a horrible looking sticker that was an ad for some bullshit. Before I threw it out, I cut the hawk logo out and it’s the perfect size. Now I just need those all red ridecbr stickers to add to the windscreen when they are available.

Viewing 30 posts - 241 through 270 (of 350 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.