what is this bolt?

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions what is this bolt?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nueyf4i nueyf4i 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of acidice333
    acidice333
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’m in the process of rebuilding my 03 600f4i and I can’t seem to find what part # to order for this missing bolt? I have the wierd threaded nut behind it, but I need the bolt for it now. Its missing on the other side too so I don’t have anything to compare with.

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think it called a pan screw, 90106-KCR-000. It’s a 5×19

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

90114-MCJ-000 SCREW, SPECIAL (6X14)

It is listed as part 17 on Honda parts finder, the 2 bolts that hold your ride side lower cowl are the same type..the site I use to find parts Im not sure about is themfi.Com

It’s a local honda/kawasaki shop close to me, there is a tab on the desktop version for ‘parts finder’

You can have it shipped from anywhere, or at least get a part number to try to track at your local honda powersports shop. . This helped when I lost the special screw that held my foot shifter in place. .something I could only find through a dealer. .

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The 5 x 19 is for the bolt that goes into the lower cowl behind where the kickstand rests. . The site also has diagrams

Profile photo of 74demon
    74demon
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I was gonna say that one. My diagram didn’t specify which is which, only that there are 2 bigger bolts (mine are the big ones) and 6 of the special bolts.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The diagram has helped me many times. .

acidice333
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

So I threw a 90114-MCJ-000 on, and I dont think thats it? Its on tight, but I can move the fairing quite a bit because of the bolt shoulder. Or is it suppose to be like that? The diagrams I’ve been looking at all seem to lack that one bolt :(

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The fairing should be tight..did you try out the website to see the diagram?

acidice333
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

Yeah its the same diagram. Something’s not right but I have no idea. Im pretty sure the lower fairings are stock since they flex unlike the aftermarket chinese ones. The bolt tightens up, and then the fairing just slides in and out on the shoulder of the bolt. Maybe the bolt is a different bolt and its NOT suppose to have a shoulder on it?

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Easiest solution I can think of is to go to a harware store and get a nylon spacer to keep the fairing tight, I used 2 when I installed my after market chain guard to fill the slack.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Are you sure thats not a 1/4 turn quick bolt? Just sayin , some of the old F2’s and 900RR’s had a quick bolt in that location(i know its an F4i). If it is , i have several that you can have depending on the length needed.
    BB

acidice333
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

well something goes into this, and its got threads inside it so unless there is a 1/4 quick bolt with threads on it, then I dont think so? I don’t like to half-ass it when fixing stuff but with this one, I might just have to. I’ll probably just use a ordinary bolt without the shoulder on it.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I guess it could be, my 94 f2 had all quick turn bolts, but my 04 f4i has all regular threaded bolts with shoulders. . But maybe that’s why it calls it a ‘special’ bolt

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Looks just like mine and my bolt holds my fairing tight to that piece

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.