What is your longest ride on your CBR in one day?

RideCBR.com Forums RideCBR.com Member Clubhouse What is your longest ride on your CBR in one day?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of admin admin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This was at Seneca Rocks in West Virginia. Rode a big loop startinat my house. It was about 7 hours riding time and just under 350 miles.

Profile photo of kewlbreeze
    kewlbreeze
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

In one day it was right at 700 miles Miami to Atlanta in one straight shot (other than gas stops).
    Never do I ever want to do that again (and definitely not on a 954rr) as I was sore head to toe. However, that day, we really had no choice; it was Thanksgiving weekend and for one thing it was supposed to get extremely cold the following day in Georgia (a cold front was moving in unexpectedly and quickly) so that was one reason, but the main reason was that a hurricane was making it’s way to South Florida and if we stayed there was no telling how long we’d be stuck there and we needed to get back to work. The entire ride back we rode through different spots of showers but it wasn’t too bad. Fortunately we made it back just in the nick of time as both the cold front hit within a few hours of our arrival in Atl and the hurricane did move in to S.Fla. the next day (obviously not fortunate for them but we made it out).

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Yeah, highway riding kills me. .after 2 or 3 hours of that on my CBR I am toast, thats what my st1300 is for:). . .I have a Corbin seat and a saddleman gell pad for my CBR so I am good for all day backroads riding. . I couldn’t imagine a 10 hour highway ride on a CBR. .

Profile photo of borderline4laska
    borderline4laska
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

About 600 miles, SW Indiana to Robinsville NC. To ride deals gap. I bunggeed a tent and sleeping bag to my passenger seat. Stayed and camped 3 days, then rode back. The total trip was about 1600 miles. It was an awesome adventure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loh03fGt894

youtube.com/borderlinealaska

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

There was a group from Maryland that started an 8 day trip to Deals Gap and back last Saturday. They started at the beginning of Skyline Drive in Front Royal Virginia and are going to continue on the Blue Ridge Parkway down toward Deals Gap. I couldn’t imagine getting a chance to do an 8 day ride. . Maybe when I retire and my kids are older. . .

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Me and a few buddies pulled a 5 hour ride from North Florida down to Daytona then cut across Florida to the the gulf , then ran back up into Georgia and back. Neck and wrist were killin me. Being 6’2″ the 929 ergos aren’t what i would call comfy.. Was fun ride tho

That KewlBreeze guy is a beast tho- Thats a long ride even in the passenger seat of a car.

Profile photo of nueyf4i
    nueyf4i
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

crazy long. . .I drive just under 600 miles to go visit my in laws in Michigan. . most if the miles are on the Penna and Ohio turnpike and I could imagine doing it in my CBR. .

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

3.5-4 hours one way. Same distance back on a one day long trip. My ass hurt.. a lot.

Just went to Laconia Bike Week.. 2 hours up 2 hours there 2 hours back.. not bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.