What kind of tires are you running?

RideCBR.com Forums Wheel & Tire Discussion What kind of tires are you running?

This topic contains 37 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bambam bambam 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So what keeps you stuck to the road? How do you like them? Pros… Cons….

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Q2 love them but for sum reason I still love 2ct better

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m running the Michelin Power Pure. LOVE THEM!!! It’s like riding a whole new bike. The handling is amazing! Wet… Dry… doesn’t matter they feel the same. I’ve put about a thousand miles on them so far and on cons.

+1 Power Pure!!!

Profile photo of spiritofkaos1
    spiritofkaos1
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

currently on BT016s. love them. waiting to mount the S20s, can’t wait to try these out.

Profile photo of 09redblackrr
    09redblackrr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

OEM Dunlop Sportmax haha Love them though, but again i have nothing to compare off

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

To me BT016 and Pirelli Diablo are like riding on glass or even a flat tire…….. I take turns with them and my rear wants to slide out from under me. I have hit my brakes in emergency situations and instead of stopping I keep sliding almost crashing…… Switched to 2ct and Q2 and I’m stuck to the ground.

Profile photo of freekman
    freekman
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

im on stock still lol but when they get worn im probably gonna get q2s

Profile photo of anubisphoenix00
    anubisphoenix00
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I’m still rockin’ the stock qualifiers overall the tires work great would like to try power pure or power ones

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I ride on Dunlop Sportmaxx D208 GP A.. I really like the tire and feel comfortable riding on them… got another used one in my truck thats going on after these are worn out.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im cheap, I got to feed a family with just my check. Last 2 rears have been schinko’s. Real sticky, great when wet, great in the cold….So I have been pleased by em….. Got a year out of my last one, was real impressed with that! Local shop owner is a good friend Just had a 190 rear mounted (I just take him the wheel) and ballanced with Dyna Beads for $103 including the beads.

Profile photo of fahren
    fahren
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Maxxis, was on Dunlop Q’s but local garage ran out all they had were Maxxis supermaxx so i gave em a try. They were cheap to start with but the price of a set has risen by £50 cos there getting popular….they last well enough, good grip but not as sticky as BT,s or Dunlops. Id say there a good all round tyre and im now on my third set :)

Profile photo of joekr
    joekr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I absolutely HATED the Qualifiers that came on mine…

I had the same issues with them that baca has with the Pirellis. When I talked to the guys at Cycle Gear, he warned me that if I hated the Qualifiers, then don’t buy the Pirelli Diablos, unless I got the higher end ones.

I opted ( after reading a lot of reviews on them ) for the Conti Road Attacks.

So far, I absolutely LOVE these damn things. I’ve put on just about 2000 miles now and they haven’t slipped out on me at all. Great commuting and no shortage of grip in the curves.

Profile photo of toppo
    toppo
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

hi all ,, my bike came with BT016 :( changed them after 1000 miles as there were c r a p , ,, just put mich 2ct’s on my cbr ,as i heard good reports , ive used diablo corsa’s before on my zx7r and they were good , but im yet to try 2ct on my cdr due to the weather ere in the uk :(

Profile photo of rrider
    rrider
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I have Michelin Pilot powers on front and back. I love these tires they warm up fast and give me the confidence I need. I have read many, many good reviews. I actually ordered some diablo rossos but they didnt show up in time.

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

To share some knowledge about OEM Tires: OEM Qualifiers are not the same as Qualifiers

“Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your Dunlop motorcycle
    tire questions. Letter designations, such as “G”, “J”, “K”, “U”, etc.,
    indicate an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) variant. These vehicle
    model-specific tires are subtly modified from the standard units as
    requested by a specific vehicle manufacturer. It could denote a lighter
    weight tire, different internal construction specifications, or even a
    slightly different tread pattern. A particular OEM tire would be available
    only through the vehicle manufacturer dealer’s Parts and Accessories
    department.”

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’ve run OEM Qualifiers, Qualifiers, and Q2s on my RRs.

I absolutely love the Q2s. I run them at a sloow Intermediate pace without any issues. Occasionally they will overheat on a hot track and become a little greasy but still are very manageable/predictable. I’ve run them during a few rain sessions and they still stick incredibily well and when they do let go/slide its very smooth/predictable. I personally find the feedback the Q2s provide is much more than the Power Pures. Have not found a CON with them yet lol

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I run conti motions. For 180 shipped I coundn’t pass them up.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

My Pilot Powers were on the bike when I bought it last February. I need new ones very soon as I put 10,000 miles on those. I love them and unless I see something here to sway my decision, I will get them again.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Jason Owens:

My Pilot Powers were on the bike when I bought it last February. I need new ones very soon as I put 10,000 miles on those. I love them and unless I see something here to sway my decision, I will get them again.

Agree 2ct’s for me any day

Profile photo of slip
    slip
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

I’ve always ran either Pirelli Diablos or Michlin Pilot Powers. Just slapped on Power Pures on but haven’t had a chance to try them out. But PPs and the Diablo were my cheap go to tires with quick warm up times, and could easily handle a few track days thrown in there.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

The bike had Pilot Pures front and back when I got it, the front went to hell very quickly. I have no idea how long it was on there though. Just replaced the front with a Shinko 005 Advance. Only put 100 miles on so far. But, no complaints yet.

Profile photo of seahorsesylv
    seahorsesylv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I’ve got Metzler M3’s on my F2 and M5’s on my F4i. Love them.

Profile photo of halfzac
    halfzac
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

ive got a 6 year old Maxxis on there right now LOL.. came on the bike out of the desert. dry rotted pretty good, makes for good smoke bomb in the parking lot. other than that, whatever some shop has that isnt toasted for free

Profile photo of j600
    j600
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Pilot Power 2ct’s Love them so far for street and Twisties..Great grip!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Training Wheels

Ther4py came with shinkos. I have a set of Michelin 2ct waiting for the spring. Once those are used up it will be either Michelin pilot road 3s. I had a set on an 07 Kawi 650. They were super awesome. IMHO the best all around tire for twistys, touring and commuting.

Profile photo of natas
    natas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

MPP 2 ct all the way.

tried the pure’s, didn’t last 2000 miles.
    no feeling in the front, they overheat and start to slide, in the rain all they did was spin

all on 190/55

Profile photo of hammy
    hammy
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Dave C.:
    I’m running the Michelin Power Pure. LOVE THEM!!! It’s like riding a whole new bike. The handling is amazing! Wet… Dry… doesn’t matter they feel the same. I’ve put about a thousand miles on them so far and on cons.

I’m with you…. bought my old blade with Pilot Pures on them and was amazed!… When I bought the 2012, they have Bridgestone S20R. They are OK for manufacturer tires. Terrible in the rain and take longer to warm up on a chilly day. I still get about 5k miles on them, but I’m not going with them again…

Time for a new set of Pures. Awesome grip in the rain and on damp roads. They dont get slick until it’s about 98 degrees out and your running a 75mph clip through some twisty backroads. They warm up quick in 45 degree weather (about a mile or so) and keep warm longer too. I still get about 5k out of them before the chords start to show.

There are some things I’ll skimp on, but tires for the baby are not one of them…. I will gladly pay the extra every day of the week!

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I never updated this when I went to the PP 2CTs. LOVE THEM. I took a 800+ mile trip up to Little Rock, AR and got caught in the rain. Lot’s of rain. Never had one problem, even at night at 90 on the highway rollin with the Semis at night.

Profile photo of hammy
    hammy
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Funny you should post that @spdygak as I’m having a TERRIBLE time looking for replacements. Looks like they are ending the line… :twisted:

I remember having the 2CT’s on my F4i and I was leaning towards getting them as I recalled they were decent in the rain, but it was on a 600 not a 1000…. didn’t know about the power difference and handling. I really don’t want the Bridgestones….

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hammy Looky what DubV spotted! Price has went down you may be right,but I hope not though. It’s funny when I bought mine and rode them for awhile I thought about buying another set just in case they did end them. Maybe I should pick up a set.

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7217
    http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=7194

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.