WHEELIES

This topic contains 51 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdm1 sdm1 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

The thread for those who like to do wheelies whether they are tiny or 2 miles long .. post here for tips, pics, bids etc.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

This is something I absolutely want to learn (just because I’m a showoff) but I’d hate to hurt the bike I’m trying to build. I want to get something I can practice on or get me a cage setup. I accidently lifted the front end twice trying to take off too fast when I first got it. It feels like you lifted it like 2 feet off the ground but t’s more like 2 inches- haha

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

When I get the bike back -1/+2 is my next mod! I hit a few decent ones every now and then, but most of the time there duds.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

-1+2 definitely makes it easier

Profile photo of bacaboy69
    bacaboy69
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Alil hard to get up with a passenger on bake from a power on a 600rr….. :(

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

600 is hard to get the front end up .. I don’t ride other people so im not responsible for them.. but I found d the higher the rpm when u release the clutch the quicker its gonna come up

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean how did the practice session go the other day? Damn man you’ll be doing staggered before I get my bike back!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv its was eh… im still having trouble.in 2nd Jesse rode side by side with me when I was trying and gave me some more pointers.. I just got to get out there and practice.. although my 1stbike gears were nice hit my Bp once

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sweet bro. See if your girl will let you barrow your balls for practice session that would probably help some…

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv @yanahmean

One day you’ll be able to do this:

By the way, that video is sped up 500%. Original video is 30+ mins long. Total = 24.4 Miles.

Profile photo of admin
    admin
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

And when you’re done drooling…

I used to ride with 4 of the people in this video in NC:

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I’m not shooting for all that… maybe hit a staggered for 1/4 mile. Mostly I’d like to be able to drag knee.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Holy shit. A 24 mile long wheelie…insane in the membrane.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Once I get my stunt pegs and start staggered stand wheelies ill attempt that… I just need to find a decent place to practice next season… but for now I need to get the 2nd gear clutch ups down first but.im working on it

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

So today I was out riding working on my 2nd gear wheelies and the first couple were flops.. lol.. kept trying and watching others do it.. then with some aggression boom its starts coming up little by little each time I try.. I got it about 2feet off the ground which is a big improvement for me and I rode it out a little ways.. I just need to crack on it a little harder and soon its gonna be up there

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean at the house practicing his wheelies! LOL!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wow would u look at that wheelie.. man that’s niiice lmao

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I swear there’s only 3 people who actually post in this thread.. im disappointed

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv and others ill have you know I rode out my first two 2nd gear wheelies today and if I say so myself AWESOME

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Well done @yanahmean can’t wait till I can get back out there!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Today I had a really nice 2nd gear wheelie that @dubv was there to see .. it sux he’s not able to be doing with me but soon enough we will be putting that thing back together

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Even tho the season is almost over I am able to do 2nd gear wheelies alot more frequently .. I’ve found my sweet spot and able to ride them longer .. I can give pointers to anyone who is interested although they will probably be the same pointers others have told u before .. @dubv next season u WILL do a second gear wheelie

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

@yanahmean Congrats on getting the 2nd gear wheelies down! Are you -1+2? You guys practicing around Martinsburg?

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@crash Yeah he’s -1+2. We used to practice on back roads (no traffic) around Martinsburg when I was riding.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@crash yes we do another rider got his stunt pegs and is doing staggered stands now and I want to get the pegs to do them as well he said they are easier once u get the feel for bringing it up.. if we are slowing u down in traffic sry lol but yes mainly back roads tho its safer … @dubv I can’t wait for u to get back out there with us I have been introduced to some new roads as well not necessarily for wheelies but nice corners locally… I hate that the season is over specially because cold roads suck when u clutch it and ur tire just spins or slides going around corners. I think if I keep riding in the cold I could be a bike drifter lmao couple scary moments but nothing I couldn’t handle

thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Although I dont have the required cajones to try a wheelie yet, I do enjoy reading about someone elses progress here. Sounds like you’ll be try this soon @yanahmean.

Skip to about 4:00 into it for the good stuff.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@crash its pretty simple hitting the balance point is not something I have done but carrying the front end isn’t that ballsy but I understand .. eventually you will want to

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I guess I’m fortunate I’ve never felt the need to do it, but don’t get me wrong I still enjoy watching :wink:

Profile photo of crash
    crash
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I toyed with the idea in the beginning back in ’07 but never could get it down so I stopped trying. I’ll get the typical elevation change wheelies at the tracks and those are fun. I would like to be able to bring it up on command and feel confident I’m not going to kill myself haha.

When I get this next bike ready, I’ll have to meet up with you guys!

thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

Thanks to a dickhead in a VA Dept of Transportation truck today, I found out that I can endo my bike. I just hate learning new shit when I’m not trying to learn new shit.
    Since I live about 2 miles from the VDOT office, I stopped in to let his supervisor know how I felt. He wasn’t there – he was at a cookout at the park where the previous mentioned dickhead was leaving, and almost caused 3 accidents on a 3 mile stretch of road.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.