WHEELIES

This topic contains 51 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of sdm1 sdm1 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@thebearded1 that’s crazy… @crash it just takes time figuring out his much throttle u need when popping the clutch.. the bike will come back down on its own if u let out of the throttle unless u hit 12 o’clock then u have to use the rear brake… im no pro at this stuff either and said I would never do them but seeing others do it I had to try … im stilling working on 2nd gear tho I would like to ride them further just don’t lime not seeing the road ahead and that’s why I want to do staggered stands so I can see over the fairings

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Question for those who do wheelies or want to try them… would u feel more comfortable with a cage or race rails on the bike when doing a wheelie or no??

Profile photo of natas
    natas
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

i suggest you keep away from first gear wheelies when learning, could be a bit to furious.

start in second, get used on the front coming up a bit…..practice over and over to get over the urge of closing the throttle.

i always say; as long as you can look over the screen….no worries, no brake needed.

i use a +4 in the rear so it’s even hard not to wheelie :)
    can go for a few miles but mostly limit it to halve a mile to spare the engine

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Nice id love to do a wheelie that long .. my longest was like 1/10 mile .. @dubv messured behind me

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Can’t wait to get back at it!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

What me either.. I was just getting them down and then the season ended..

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean We’ll have one more to ride with soon! My brother is on the hunt for a CBR!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sweet .. she had her interview today and they said she should here from them within a week or so .. but ill kepp u informed .. if she gets the job and we both work maybe I can get my truck soon n a ramp and ill just carrying the bike over to hit up some of the roads I know ..

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Wheelies corners wheelies corners I love them both.. I hope next year to find a secluded road and ride a quart mile wheelie … whos with me??

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

You know I’m down!!!

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Im really surprised more peple dont do any kond of stunts here.. I know this year I hope to post so.e videos in here

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hope you still live close…

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Its gonna be delaware but ill still ride over here.. shit we are still looking for a place.. with a full season and bike already maintained from lastyear im thinking two new tires and ima try n get close to 10, 000 miles this year

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Dont know if this is repost but found this video of learning to wheelie and think they did a great job showing the the correct way to clutch up ,this has always been a hard part of learning. This little video shows 3 stages of learning and i think it covers some important lessons and tips. Ive always pulled the front up under power with my 929 but been weary of the clutch ups but have been practicing. The latter part of this video shows a view of the gages to see where revs and speed are.Def good stuff

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I now have a couple thousand miles on my 04′ 600RR. She is -1/+2 and I have been getting used to the throttle control, friction zone and added torque that I am not used to. I had an F3 and F4 for riding the last half a decade or so and were almost impossible to get the front up, I only was able to do first gear power wheelies. Now for my new beast power wheelies, no issue and just attempted my first clutch up today. I love this little 1/4 mile on ramp to the interstate by my house and go out of my way just to get on there. It has a 3 point chicane into a long straight away. I have been smashing that on ramp for awhile now and today when I got into the straight I popped the clutch and up she came;) only rode it for a few seconds but what a great feeling. @Bambam Thanks for the video it helped a lot and I will keep up the practice. Btw it was hot for Seatown today with the “real feel” at 92 and 41% humidity and I was in full gear. Also I got home to my 2 year old doing some stunting of her own! The next generation, maybe a genetically transferred thing?

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Like @bambam I too have been nervous about clutch ups. Thankfully the 929 has generous torque to go with its horse power. So power wheelies have been my norm. The extra weight and power of a full sized sportbike just dosent give me the warm fuzzy feeling that clutch ups on a dirtbike do……..

Im not huge into stunting, or wheelies in general…… there was a time when it was new to me that I had to wheelie the bike every where. But the antics get old and people start to let you know about it. So for the most part I out grew that stage. For me wheelies and wheelieing is more of a lesson in control. Wheelies on a liter sized bike are a reality you have to learn about. Its not a question of if it will happen……..BUT WHEN? So I would rather practice them a little so that when the they DO happen It dosent catch me off guard. Once in a while I will play around with the “SHOW OFF wheelie” But its realy not that big a deal to me as of late……

My only advise is real simple………WHERE YOUR GEAR!!!! This is one of those activities that you literaly risk the skin off your back…… So do what you can to protect said skin…….Jacket, gloves, and full face helmet are a must! Riding pants with armor and some sort or Lace up mid ankle boot should be on that list as well, but are often overlooked. Its funny the money we “need” to spend for a jacket gloves and a Good lid and then We protect our knees and legs with OLD NAVY…….LOL

Profile photo of theredrocket
    theredrocket
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@hunbard2a +1 I am 36 on Monday and have a 2 year old that is the love of my life. I am definitely not the one to draw attention to myself. I just want to have a good time riding and know all parameters of my bike. I do not wish to be a stunter just want to learn so I don’t freak out when the front comes up. I take all of your guys input to heart and appreciate criticism of both kinds. Not that I feel as if you were just that I won’t get vaginitis of the ego. Thank you all in advance for any words of wisdom. Good point on the pants I am looking online now for a gear house I can go get some from.

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@theredrocket Sounds like your on the right track to me…… balancing fun, saftey, and common sense with the hunt for adrenaline……..

Also sounds like we have kinda reached the same place in life of sorts. I just turned 39, and I have a 3 and a 5 yr old that are the apples of my eyes. As I get older I can tell Im slowing down. I used to fight that process, but with two kids, I feel like I have an obligation to stay alive and healthy. So I have seriously slowed up on tring to kill my self, LOL !!…….

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I can’t say much about being restricted on wheelies . I know the risks and do what I can minimize them but I can’t help but to thoroughly enjoy the rush I get from them. I don’t particularly care if someone thinks I’m “cool” doing them as I am doing it to satisfy my rush craving so to speek. On that note I’m getting my staggered stands down pretty good I think . Today I actually got to ride a couple of them and play with tje throttle a little bit. Still need to work on keeping it straight as it wants to veer to one side or the other maube its just a tire pressure tjing but I like to set it down and then go hard into a corner so I’m not very willing to compromise on tire pressure. I will update further as I do more learn more.

Profile photo of cbrtricolor
    cbrtricolor
    Registered Member
    Training Wheels

love to do wheelies… I started in my 125cc…
    always start in second gear with a little clutch to begin to know how it feels… if you try first gear without knowing what it looks like you probably go down…

me :)

training changing gears with clutch

Profile photo of kh2007
    kh2007
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Lots already here but here’s another little helpful video on how to wheelie! Tips and tricks for first and second gear wheelies

Profile photo of sdm1
    sdm1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Here is me bringing my 250 up, I bought my wife a new camera and she said she wanted an action shot. She has never seen me wheelie on any of my bikes so I thought I would give her a great action photo. Once I started to bring the front up, she got scared and stopped taking pics. My action photo shoot ended up being an ass chewing. LMAO!!! I am no wheelie expert I am really just learning myself. On my 250 I bring the RPM up to 5500, let off the throttle quickly then snap open the throttle and pull up lightly on the bars she will bring the front end up every time. On my Cb1000 almost same way I just dont pull up it has enough power to bring it up on its own. I have clutched up the 1000 but for me that seems more violent, and brings the front end up a lot faster.

2014 CB1000R
    *2012 CBR250R
    *2005 CBR1000RR - SOLD

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.