Which one to do???

RideCBR.com Forums General Tech Discussions Which one to do???

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of rome83 rome83 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Okay so I can either get a -1/+2 and chain kit w/ speedo healer or get a bazzaz for my yoshi slip on

Which one should I do?

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

stick with the drive gear, then go for sound..JMO

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Doesn’t the fuel management give a smother ride for the exhaust though?

Profile photo of atx600rr
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

I would go with the chain and sprocket kit. It will make the power that you already have more usable. As for fuel management I dont think it will be that drastic with just a slip on. If you had a header and no cat I would say go for fuel management. Just my .02

Edit: Do you have an aftermarket air filter? If you do I would go with fuel management to as you dont want to run lean. (more air than gas durring combustion)

Profile photo of freekman
    freekman
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

is a bazzazz basically a pc or something?

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Its like a power commander

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I would go with the sprocket conversion too man, I have an exhaust on mine and I dont have a power commander or anything, but my -1/+2 520 conversion makes my bike a hell of alot faster than any cbr 600rr ive ever driven or ridden with….I can crank my throttle and the front end goes straight up!!! its so sick bro…

I gotta get a bazzazz or power commander soon though…I have a BMC air filter and my twobros, so I kinda need one..

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

ATX600rr:
    I would go with the chain and sprocket kit. It will make the power that you already have more usable.As for fuel management I dont think it will be that drastic with just a slip on.If you had a header and no cat I would say go for fuel management.Just my .02

Edit:Do you have an aftermarket air filter?If you do I would go with fuel management to as you dont want to run lean.(more air than gas durring combustion)

No airfilter, ima stay stock filter for the life of my bike unless I convert it to track

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

MACtacular:
    I would go with the sprocket conversion too man, I have an exhaust on mine and I dont have a power commander or anything, but my -1/+2 520 conversion makes my bike a hell of alot faster than any cbr 600rr ive ever driven or ridden with….I can crank my throttle and the front end goes straight up!!! its so sick bro…

I gotta get a bazzazz or power commander soon though…I have a BMC air filter and my twobros, so I kinda need one..

Thats what I want minus the 520

Profile photo of hubbard2a
    hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I would go with the chain/sprocket kit first. The fuel managment wont “per say” make power. It will clean up and flaten out your feul curve, making the bike more controlable and make power feel more linear.

The chain and sprockets will give you the biggest kick in the shorts you can feel short of bolting on nitrous oxide……The first time you ride the bike with it It will scare you just a little bit in that way that gives you a stupid grin and makes you wanna go do it again!!! And again!!! And again!!! youl spend 2 hrs. goosing the throttle in 2nd gear!

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Alec Hubbard:
    I would go with the chain/sprocket kit first. The fuel managment wont “per say” make power. It will clean up and flaten out your feul curve, making the bike more controlable and make power feel more linear.

The chain and sprockets will give you the biggest kick in the shorts you can feel short of bolting on nitrous oxide……The first time you ride the bike with it It will scare you just a little bit in that way that gives you a stupid grin and makes you wanna go do it again!!! And again!!! And again!!! youl spend 2 hrs. goosing the throttle in 2nd gear!

fuck linear.. I want something to do again again and again lol :twisted:

atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

WTF why is this not accepting my reply?

Edit: Lol tried 3 times before that whent through. I guess I cant post a link for you.. Try kneedraggers. They had my tires to me in 2 days.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Lol I saw it on member activity but then couldn’t see it on the thread.. The problem is that they don’t have steel sprockets which is what I want.. Here is what I’m probably gOnna run with even though I didn’t want the 520 conversion

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie
    atx600rr
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Whats the difference between 520 and 525? Is the 520 a small chain? Thats a hell of a price BTW.

Profile photo of inkslingerxx
    inkslingerxx
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

:wink: that’s what I’m saying supersprox ftw
    I paid about the same although I did see the same kit on another forum about 6 months ago for 160

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yeah it’s smaller and lighter but the 520 tends to stretch a lot more and not last as long

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

That price isn’t that much more than a standard set which is between 150-185$

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

160$ !? I’d jump on that sooooooo fast!
    How was your install?

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

okay new decision https://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18640&cat=601&page=1

now the question is what color chain with my bike?

Profile photo of mactacular
    mactacular
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

WHITE CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THAT WOULD BE THE SEX!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Don’t think there is white…

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I think the difference is just marginal, it is smaller chain all around. The thing is, the difference between the 600 and the 1000 is from a 525 to a 530 an thats a 400 cc difference! And the 929- 1000 uses th 525 for the QA kits so going from the.525 to the 520 shouldnt be that bad at all.

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Went with the driven 520 conv all steel kit from motomummy with speedodrd … Black on black :)) 15/45! PUMPED!!!

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

in case people where wondering OEM sizes

http://o2winc.com/oem.htm

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

I don’t think this is right..

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

Quinton Teter:
    I don’t think this is right..

You dont think my link is right? because I’m having some doubts about this too.. I counted the teeth on my Vortex sprocket and my front sprocket and the setting is -1/0 which doesnt make any scense! why would the previous owner of my bike buy an after market sprocket thats exactly the same as the stock one? opinions please

Profile photo of rome83
    rome83
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Regular

actually i guess that site is right

hubbard2a
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

depends, replace a worn sprocket, same gearing but a lighter weight sprocket set, chain snaped and broke a sprocket, ordered the wrong sprocket………….who knows…..

Profile photo of qteter
    qteter
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Yeah the 07 is 16/42 and this link says otherwise

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.