Yanahmeans build

RideCBR.com Forums Member Build Threads Yanahmeans build

This topic contains 183 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of theredrocket theredrocket 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Sweet grips bro!

Profile photo of yanahmean
    yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Thanks @thebearded1 and @bambam. … I still have to put my two weeks in when I go back to work from my vacation time im using up but after that ill be with my bitches everyday lol..
    I do like my grips only thing is im not gonna be able to get them back off because I had to use an air compressor to get them on over the glue but I think I can get the inserts in there with out taking them off … I just have to deposit some $ in my bank to order them online

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

No pics for this but I got all my decals removed and all the glue taken off.. next is wet sanding and then start painting

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

SWEEEET BRO! Did you pick a design?

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

I have @dubv .. the bike will be jet black with gloss clear coat and this emblem stenciled on the mid fairings and on the tail above the tail light

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Just putting in an update on the bike.. juat finished sanding today .. no more I will be able to do but told the guy to send me some pics as it comes along he told me it ahould be black by the weekend and then airbrushing followed by the many layers on clear coat.. note anyone pInting a bike like mine the tank cover decals are a b**ch to get off.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Ok so we saw the broken footpeg now here is the new ones put on.. ki da sucks they are so far off in color but hey they were $25

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Also here is the first layer of paint on my solo cowl.. there is no clear coat on it yet but she is coming along

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Got an update on the paint … here is the solo cowl with the design on it.. still needs to be clear coated.. and @dubv got to view this first so now im posting it.. let me know what you guys think

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

its coming along little by little

Profile photo of rhyno900
    rhyno900
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Nice ride @Yanameans i would have taken the swingarm off too. I Like the rims the red really pops on them.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

i havent decided what im doing with the swing arm yet.. i didnt have the means to take it and transport it to my new house all at the same time… my thoughts so far are to either plasti dip it or to rino it.. either way i have to strip the paint that is on it off so i can do either or.. it is painted black as of now but it is all chipped up so it looks terrible.. once it gets a little warmer i will have it stripped of the old paint and one way or another it will be black like the rest of the bike

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean polish it! You have a nice warm garage, and the rest of the winter to work on it.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv man as cool as that would look i would have to strip it then sand it then polish it etc.. plus i want it to be black anyways to go with the rest of the bike.. the only thing that will be polished when all said and done is going to be the lips on the rims. im going to get some high temp black paint for the exhaust heat shield and everything else such as the rear subframe will be covered by the fairings… i no longer have the chrome bar ends hence they broke when i dropped the bike also nothing i can do about the forks they will just have to stay gold.. also joe added a little silver strip around the emblem on the solo cowl to see if i am going to like it and i did so i say go ahead and continue with it on all the pieces getting the emblem.. as for a warm garage its not really that warm considering that the heat does not go out there but now that u have me thinking about it i think that there is a small baseboard heater powered by electric that i may be able to turn i will have to double check on that ..im supposed to be getting a couple more pictures tonight so maybe ill have something else to post later although you know @dubv you will be the first to see most everything other than myself so we will both have to be patient

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Here is a couple more pics.. one of the outlining half done on the solo cowl and another of one of the mid fairings

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

almost done all the airbrushing obviously still need alot of clear coat on it but its coming along nicely i think.. again feel free to state your opinions i promise i wont have hurt feelings.. this is my idea for the bike and im not the most creative person in the world by any means im more the mechanical type so i get a little iffy on arts on crafts of the sort..

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Looks good Bro! Are you leaving the rims red? Also I’d hit your engine covers while you have that high temp paint out.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv should I take the red off and paint them solid black or tape off the red and and paint the rest black

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@Yanahmean that’s a tough one… you could tape it off and see how it looks and if you don’t like it just paint them all black.

Profile photo of thebearded1
    thebearded1
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Addict

I say – Welcome to Team Black. It looks good, bro. I’m with dubv on the rims, tape em off and if you dont like it – go all black.

Profile photo of spdygak
    spdygak
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Lookin good. I would only do the lip of the rims black. Keep the red. +1 on the engine covers. I did mine and it looks sooo much better. I like your decals. It’s unique. Remember it’s your bike. It only matters if you like it :wink:

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@thebearded1 thank u sir for the welcoming .
    @spdygak they are airbrushed on not decals. I will have to get stickers for my honda emblems tho.
    As for the taping rims they are gonna stay as is and I am going to paint the covers at the next oil change but they have a little red on them already so im either gonna tape off that red or jist strip it and go all black

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Hear is my soo cowl finished.. looks pink in the pic but its a pearlecent style red I will post more pics when I get all the pieces

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Got some new rubber today

Profile photo of dubv
    dubv
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@yanahmean Your a DICK bro!!! When I saw you posted here I got all excited looking for fairing pics! BURN! You got me!

Can’t wait to hear how they compare to the Power Pure.

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

@dubv sry to get ur hopes up.. im still waiting for an update myself on the fairongs.. I know he has been really busy so im trying not to bother him.. im hoping next week they will be done.. fingers crossed

Profile photo of bobby
    bobby
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Newbie

Looks good. Congrats.

Profile photo of bambam
    bambam
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Saweet David! Those are bad ass… I love the smell of brand new tires in the garage..

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Can u tell which piece is buffed.. I cant..

yanahmean
    Registered Member
    RideCBR Guru

Can u tell @dubv

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.